The parents of a four-month old baby were forced to jump out of their apartment with their child to escape a fire.
Winnipeg Fire and Paramedic Service were called to the building on Colony St. early Saturday afternoon.
A fire official at the scene told Global News that the blaze started with a Christmas tree.
The father broke his leg after jumping out of the apartment while the mother and baby suffered minor smoke inhalation. All three were taken to hospital.
Their suite was the only one that sustained any damage.