What’s the best money advice you’ve ever received? Billionaire Mark Cuban’s advice could be it. Take a look, then call in at 1pm and give us your best money advice: 204.780.6868 or 1.844.686.6868.
For now, here’s the advice Mark Cuban gave the Dallas Morning News for the next Powerball Lottery winner:
- [The first thing you should do is] hire a tax attorney.
- Don’t take the lump sum. You don’t want to blow it all in one spot.
- If you weren’t happy yesterday, you won’t be happy tomorrow. It’s money. It’s not happiness.
- If you were happy yesterday, you are going to be a lot happier tomorrow. It’s money. Life gets easier when you don’t have to worry about the bills.
- Tell all your friends and relatives no. They will ask. Tell them no. If you are close to them, you already know who needs help and what they need. Feel free to help SOME, but talk to your accountant before you do anything and remember this, no one needs $1 million for anything. No one needs $100,000 for anything. Anyone who asks is not your friend.
- You don’t become a smart investor when you win the lottery. Don’t make investments. You can put it in the bank and live comfortably. Forever. You will sleep a lot better knowing you won’t lose money.
I am text block. Click edit button to change this text.