1. The Winnipeg Renovation Show is back and better than ever with a brand new look for 2016. Get no nonsense advice from HGTV host Bryan Baeumler on “The Lifestyle Stage”, pop by “Ask a Renovator”, talk to a decorator for a free ten minute consultation and get advice from over 125 local kitchen, bath and renovation vendors, all under one roof. It runs all weekend at the convention center. Tickets available at the door.
2. Go on as theatrical and musical journey in Spin, Evalyn Parry’s tour de force performance celebrating the bicycle as muse, musical instrument and agent of social change. Inspired in part by the incredible true tale of Annie Londonderry, the first woman to ride around the world on a bicycle in 1894. Head to the Prairie Theatre Exchange’s website for show times and ticket information.
3. 680 CJOB’s fifth annual Minor Hockey Roadshow takes place Sunday at the Southdale Community Center sponsored in part by Royal Sports. Cheer on the teams and enter to win tickets to Black Sabbath, Demi Lovato and more. Richard Cloutier and I will be there first thing Sunday morning, joined by a number of other 680 CJOB personalities.
4. For those who love classical music, you can check out An Evening of Masters: Mozart, Brahms, Schumann presented by the Winnipeg Symphony Orchestra. Completing the musical connections is Mozart’s bassoon concerto featuring the WSO’s principal bassonist Alex Eastley. For showtimes and ticket information, you can head to the symphony’s website.
5. And finally, Let’s Hang On – A Frankie Valli Tribute takes place tonight at The Burton Cummings Theatre. Tickets available at the door.