No one was hurt after a two-storey home on Alexander Avenue near Weston, went up in flames early Wednesday morning.
Crews quickly got the flames under control while smoke continued to pour from the windows of the house.
The fire department believes the fire began in the basement before spreading all the way up to the attic.
The six people who live in the home got out safely. The smoke alarms were working.
Fire crews rescued one of the pet cats, but another was still trapped inside. It may have just been hiding.