January 21st is apparently National Hug Day. I’m not sure who decided or anointed this as the day to celebrate but here it is. Thought I would share a list of the top five types of hugs we experience in our lives.
- The awkward hug – This type of hug, which is usually one that happens by surprise, can sometimes end up with a misplaced kiss as well.
- The bear hug – This is one that Winnipeggers are definitely used to. It’s a hug usually given in the cooler months.
- The pat – This is the hug people use when they truly can’t be bothered to give a full-on hug. People usually use this hug when in a rush, hungover or not really wanting to touch this individual.
- The bro hug – These involve a complex set of actions which usually start off with a weird handshake or fist bump. Guys are especially good at these.
- The pet hug – Pretty self explanatory really. It’s the hug you give when you’ve had a particularly stressful day and need to unload on your furry friend. It’s definitely enjoyed more by you than your pet.
Hope you enjoy the day and get at least a pat or a bear hug!