It’s a warning to someone who stole two kennels or someone who may have bought one second-hand.
Two kennels, contaminated with parvovirus, were stolen from an East Kildonan home.
Three pups, known as Larry, Moe and Curly, who were all sick, were kept in them.
One has since died.
Colleen Holloway from Manitoba Mutts Dog Rescue says they’re worried another animal could get the aggressive illness.
“To recoup, you know, $400 in kennels is something secondary. We really want to make sure the animals are kept safe. If someone does suspect they have picked up this kennel, or at any point has purchased a used kennel, the best practice you can do to ensure the safety of your pet is proper vaccination of your pet,” Holloway tells 680 CJOB.
Holloway says parvovirus can live for six months in the fibres of carpet or other substances.
She recommends soaking used kennels overnight in a mix of bleach and water to be on the safe side, as a quick wipe will not suffice.
Photos: Above: Larry, Mo and Curly inside one of the stolen kennels. Below: Second kennel similar to one stolen