We received a big surprise this week as it looks like the major road project SB Main from Portage to Pioneer has wrapped up early! Originally supposed to take us into next week, there are no more barricades set up on the right hand side so that will ease a lot of traffic trouble we’ve seen over the last month through that stretch.
There is a new short-term project in a different stretch of Main Street, SB from Inkster to Luxton, you lose two lanes on the left hand side from Tuesday until Friday.
A few other new barricade zones to watch:
- WB Ellice Avenue from Furby to Sherbrook, the median lane will be closed for MTS work on Wednesday and Thursday.
- NB King Street from James to Rupert, the east curb lane and second lane over will be closed for hydro work from Tuesday to Friday.
- EB Mayfair Avenue from Harkness to Main, the curb lane will be closed for gas work on Monday and Tuesday.
- NB on the Oak Point Highway from Hyde to Selkirk, the curb lane will be closed for utility work from Monday until Wednesday.
- SB Pembina Highway from Warsaw to Mulvey, the curb lane will be closed for gas work from Monday until Wednesday.
- NB St. James Street from Maroons to St. Matthews, the turn lane and median lane will be closed for water work on Thursday and Friday.
The SB curb lane on Ferry Road from Silver to Ness also remains closed for hydro work until Friday.