A fire has gutted a Maples-area house, but everyone inside managed to escape safely.
The blaze started just before 11 o’clock Wednesday night at the two-storey home on Monty Hall Drive near Seven Oaks hospital.
Geri Fallis’ home backs onto the property and tells 680 CJOB fire crews showed up just as her husband was calling 9-1-1.
“We just watched the flames accelerate. It was just overwhelming, just so scary to watch all these flames. I know we were concerned because there were sparks flying.”
The fire engulfed the roof, the second floor and garage.
Five people were inside at the time, but managed to get out with no injuries.
It’s unclear how the flames ignited.