The one longterm road project that is bound to cause some delays in the afternoons starts up on Wednesday. SB Maryland from St. Matthews to Portage, the west curb lane will be closed for hydro work. Now this is in that same stretch where we had work being done a couple of weeks ago, and we saw some lineups back all the way to Sargent and sometimes further, so that could be the case once again. This hydro work will take us to the end of April.
The other new road projects starting up this week include:
- WB Portage Avenue from Toronto to Beverley, the curb lane will be closed for hydro work from Monday to Thursday.
- Starting on Tuesday and running through the week, WB Grant will lose the curb lane for construction between Beaverbrook and Kenaston.
- A one-day project on Tuesday has the two middle lanes on NB Edmonton taken away between York at St. Mary for sewer work.
- Also on Tuesday, the curb lanes both EB and WB Portage from Greenway Cres. to School Rd. will be shut down for construction. The WB turn lane at Banting will also be closed.
- On Tuesday and Wednesday, WB Sargent from Edmonton to Kennedy, the curb lane will be closed for electrical work.
Ongoing road projects include:
- NB Empress from Jack Blick to St. Matthews, the curb lane is closed for construction until Friday.
- NB Sherbrook from Sara to Broadway is reduced to two lanes.
- SB Sherbrook from McDermot to Notre Dame, the curb lane remains closed for building construction until the end of the month.
- NB St. James from Saskatchewan to Dublin, the NB lanes are closed entirely for storm drain repairs, traffic is maintained on the SB side.