Still dealing with the barricades SB Maryland from St. Matthews St to Portage Ave where a couple of lanes on the right hand side are taken away for hydro work. That is supposed to remain in effect until the end of April, and the usual delays are expected throughout your afternoon drive.
Portage Ave is also full of construction in a couple of different spots.
- EB from St. Mary Ave to Good St, the median lane will be closed for sewer repairs. During off-peak hours, the second lane from the curb will be closed as well. This should only last Monday and Tuesday.
- Then, on Thursday and Friday, EB Portage from Balmoral St to Colony St, the two middle lanes will be closed for sewer repairs.
- Also EB on Portage from Banting Dr to Daer Blvd, the curb lane is closed for water work until Wednesday.
- EB Portage from Newman St to Sprague St, the curb lane will be closed for communication repairs beginning on Wednesday and running through the weekend.
- WB Portage from Country Club Blvd to Greenway Cres, the curb lane is closed for communication work on Tuesday and Wednesday. At times, the median lane will be closed as well.
- Starting on Friday, WB Portage from Goulding St to Wall St, the two left hand lanes will be closed through the weekend.
Other new barricades to watch for this week include:
- On Tuesday, WB Ellice at St. James St will lose the curb lane for MTS work. This will also affect the SB curb lane on St. James St.
- On Tuesday and running until Thursday, EB William will be closed from Gertie St to Ellen St.
- On Thursday, WB Logan from Lock to McKelvey, the curb lane will be closed for gas work.
Ongoing road projects include:
- Sherbrook St SB from McDermot to Notre Dame, the curb lane remains closed for building construction for the remainder of the week.
- Also on Sherbrook, NB around Sargent, the two right hand lanes remain closed for street repairs from Monday to Wednesday.
- SB Century from St. Matthews to Silver, the curb lane remains closed for Hydro work until Thursday.