5 Things To Do This Weekend
- Chocolate lovers rejoice! As part of Ciao magazine’s 11th annual Chocolate Fest, participating businesses will be thinking outside the “cake box” and offering up some sweet and sippable chocolate creations. As inventive as they are indulgent, these scrumptious delicacies will be available for a sweet $8 each. This chocolate celebration runs until the end of this month and you can visit their website for the full menu and participating venues.
- The Winnipeg Comedy Festival is on until Sunday. This will be the festival’s special 15th anniversary edition. This happens at various venues through out the city and just check out their website for more details.
- The Winnipeg Symphony Orchestra will highlight and feature The Beatles groundbreaking album Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band. You’ll hear songs like Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds, With a Little Help From My Friends and When I’m 64. This happens at the Centennial Concert Hall on Main street. Head to the WSO’s website for show times and ticket information.
- This show is always a favourite – Winnipeg’s Pop Culture Expo happens at the Convention Centre. The weekend features sci-fi, steampunk, video games, anime and so much more. Tickets are $10 for a one day pass and $18 for a weekend pass. You can head to the official website for more information.
- Touch Rugby is having its first session of the year on Sunday, April 10th. This will happen at River Heights School at 1350 Grosvenor Avenue. All members of the public are invited to come out and participate and learn about the sport. The great thing is there’s no cost to do so. The Winnipeg group is open to both men and women, with a minimum age of 18. You can simply show up and learn a new sport with minimal rules.