Looking for something to do this weekend? Well we’ve got 5 ideas for you !
1. It’s Fort Whyte Alive’s 50th Anniversary. Join the gang at Fort Whyte for a full day of family fun at their 50th anniversary party, with live entertainment, environmental workshops and exciting outdoor activities. This happens Sunday from 10 til 4 p.m. Admission is free all day.
2. Ryan Hamilton has been named one of Rolling Stone’s five comics to watch. His appearances on Last Comic Standing, Conan and Comedy Central shows…Ryan is on his way to establishing himself as one of North America’s favorite stand-ups. Ryan will be at Rumor’s Comedy Club performing all weekend long. Check out rumorscomedyclub.com for more info.
3. The annual cottage country show happens this weekend at Red River Exhibition Park. If you’re looking to build a new cottage, cabin or weekend getaway retreat, or just want to shop for furniture or cottage services, this is the event to go to. Featured exhibitors will include designers, decorators and several unique and specialty retailers. Tickets will be available at the door.
4. He’s a member of the Canadian Country Music Hall of Fame. Ray St. Germain leads an incredible show with his incredible family this weekend at Club Regent Event Center. The show will feature three incredibly talented generations from the legendary musical family. Tickets are still available and can be purchased through ticketmaster.ca
5. And it’s Nest Fest Weekend. Learn how to attract cavity nesters such as birds and bats to your backyard and take home some plans to build your own homes. You can also take in one of the many public programs such as a film or a guided walk through the marsh. This happens at Oak Hammock Marsh this weekend and you can visit their website at oakhammockmarsh.ca for more information.