Here are 5 things you can get out and do this weekend in Winnipeg !
1. The first annual open house fundraiser for the Wildlife Have Rehab Center happens this Sunday at the Transcanada Center in Ile Des Chenes.
This happens from noon to 4 p.m. and admission is only ten dollars with kids 12 and under getting in free. There will be raffles, bake sale, guest
speakers, and of course a chance to meet all of their wildlife ambassadors…including even a guided wildlife hospital tour. For more information you
can head to wildlifehaven.ca.
2. This is something both the kids and adults will love ! The WSO accompanies two full-length features from a pair of Disney’s crown jewels, the
original Fanstasia made back in 1940 and the re-released Fantasia from 2000. This happens Saturday and Sunday at the Concert Hall. Tickets will
be available at the concert hall box office or you can also get through ticketmaster.ca
3. Bad to the Bone. One Bourbon One Scotch One Beer. Move it on Over. Those are just a few of the hits you’ll hear Saturday evening if you head out
to the Burton Cummings Theatre to see George Thorogood and the Destroyers. This is part of the group’s Badder Than Ever Tour…and proves that if you
stay true to yourself the music can still mean something. Tickets are available through ticketmaster….but I wouldn’t wait as this show will definitely be a
4. The forecast looks pretty good for the Winnipeg Police Service’s annual half marathon. This happens on Sunday at Assiniboine Park starting at 8 a.m.
This is a 5K run/half marathon and you can check out www.wpshalfmarathon.ca/ for more information. 680 CJOB’s Elizabeth Priest will actually be taking part…
and our own Geoff Currier will be the marathon’s emcee.
5. And the Winnipeg Etsy street team market happens Saturday at the St. James Civic Center. You’ll find a ton of handcrafted wares for your shopping pleasure…
everything from handmade home decor, soap, pottery, art, clothing and so much more. Doors will open at 10:30 a.m. and tickets are just 7 dollars and available
at the door.