They says there’s only two guarantees in life – death and taxes.
And just so you’re not surprised, your property tax bill will soon be on the way.
The city says it’s dropping 226,000 of them in the mail tomorrow.
They’re due at the end of June.
Your taxes can be paid in a variety of ways, including a drive-by service where you hand your bill and cheque to staff on the street.
Here’s the full list of ways you can ante up to the taxman:
· Tax Installment Payment Plan (TIPP)
· In-person at your financial institution
· Online or by telephone banking through your financial institution
· By courier
· In person at City Hall, 510 Main Street or at the Bilingual Service Centre, 170 Goulet. In person payment methods are cash, cheque or money order.
· Using the drive-by service from June 28 to 30, between the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The drive-by service is located at the corner of James Avenue and King Street. Please have your tax bill and a cheque or money order ready in an envelope to present to staff. Cash payments cannot be accepted using this method.
The City does not offer the option of paying taxes using a credit card. However, that payment option is available online through a third-party service provider.