The Winnipeg Police Air1 Helicopter was called into help nab a suspected drunk driver overnight.
Just after 1:00a.m. Sunday, police spotted a person driving erratically near Osborne Street and Granite Way.
When officers went to pull the man over, he sped off onto Edmonton Street, reaching speeds of 110 km/hr.
That’s when officers called in Air1. The chopper was able track the suspect to Clonard Avenue, just off St. Mary’s road, where he tried to flee on foot, but was quickly arrested.
The 26-year-old is now facing a long list of charges, including:
• Drive while Ability Impaired
• Drive with More Than 80 mgs of Alcohol in Blood
• Flight while Pursued by Peace Officer
• Dangerous Operation of Motor Vehicle
• Resist Peace Officer
• Possession of Scheduled Substance – Cocaine
• HTA – Drive without licence or with invalid licence
He’s remains in police custody.