A few major road projects start up this week that are set to last the next couple of months.
Ness Ave from Mandeville St to Queen St, EB lanes are closed for major road rehabilitation meaning it will be single-file for both directions maintained on the WB side. EB lanes will shift back to regular lanes at Collegiate St and no left turns will be permitted through the construction area.
Over on Logan Ave, between Keewaitin St and Cecil St, EB lanes will be completely closed for a water main renewal project. A single lane of traffic will remain open on the WB side. This water main renewal project will run until July at which point a road reconstruction project will start up resulting in the same lane closures until the fall.
To make things worse on Keewaitin, both NB and SB will lose the curb lanes in both directions for road work between Notre Dame and Logan. Keewaitin has been an alternate route for those looking to bypass the barricades on SB King Edward.
NB Sherbrook will also be down to only one lane between Ellice and Cumberland throughout the day, but will see two lanes open during peak traffic hours.
And finally, Selkirk Ave between Salter St and McGregor St is closed for stage one of a major street renewal project.
Other new barricade zones this week:
- For the next two weeks, SB Maryland from Knappen to Sara, two lanes on the right hand side will be closed for sewer work. To help traffic flow, two lanes will always be open during peak rush times.
- SB Sturgeon from Hallonquist to Portage, the curb lane will be blocked for the week to complete remaining landscape work from last year’s construction.
- From Monday to Friday, Keewaitin, both NB and SB will lose the curb lanes in both directions for road work between Notre Dame and Logan. Keewaitin has been an alternate route for those looking to bypass the barricades on SB King Edward.
- On Monday and Tuesday, WB Notre Dame from Adelaide to Hargrave, the curb lane will be closed for sewer work.
- From Tuesday until Thursday, intermittent lane closures will occur on both EB and WB Grant between Montrose and Cambridge for pavement testing.
- Also taking place from Tuesday until Thursday, traffic will be reduced to one lane in each direction on Selkirk from Sinclair to Battery for sewer work.
- Starting on Tuesday and running through the week, NB Pembina from Grant to Scotland, the curb lane will be closed for sewer work.
- From Tuesday until Friday, SB King Edward will also lose the two left hand lanes for construction at Ellice.
- Beginning Tuesday and lasting for the next couple of weeks, SB St. James St from Maroons to St. Matthews, the median lane will be closed.
- On Wednesday and Thursday, EB Marion will lose the two left hand lanes for water work.
Ongoing road projects include:
- SB Ferry Road remains closed while crews work to repair the giant sinkhole that opened up last week. Expected to open again mid-week.
- NB Keewaitin is still down to one lane at Logan for the week while sewer work continues.
- SB King Edward at Notre Dame, the curb lane remains closed. Expect delays to continue for the next month.
- SB Main from James to William, lose two lanes on the right hand side until the beginning of June.
- NB and SB Plessis from Kildare to Rosseau, lane closures remain in both directions for sewer work.
- WB Portage from Colony to McGee, intermittent lane closures continue for roadway re-surfacing. Three lanes of traffic will be maintained during the peak periods, but only two lanes will be available between the hours of 9am and 3pm.