Thirteen robberies, and $100,000 in stolen property and vehicles.
That’s what four suspects are accused of in a series of thefts, muggings and break-ins spanning over a week in and around Winnipeg.
An example incident happened on Wednesday afternoon near Alexander Avenue and Blaine Street, which is a couple of blocks away from Logan and McPhillips. A 19 year old woman was confronted and robbed by four men, one of whom had a knife.
On Friday at 9:15 a.m., three men with their faces covered, all carrying knives, pushed their way into a home on Redwood Avenue and robbed the four women who lived there.
Three hours later, police spotted a stolen Honda Pilot on Magnus Avenue, and arrested the four occupants, who range in age from 19-23.
The robberies took place in Winnipeg, as well as West St. Paul, Lockport and St. Clements between May 6th and May 13th. Here are the other 11 incidents, that police know about:
– First 100 block of Athlone Drive
– First 100 block of Agnes Arnold Place
– First 100 block of Arthur Wright Crescent
– First 100 block Marygrove Crescent
– 700 block of Adamdell Crescent
– First 100 block of Waterfront Road
– 1800 block of Ellice Avenue
– First 100 block of Diane Drive, West St. Paul, Manitoba
– 200 block of Tu Pelo Avenue
– 500 block of Spruce Drive, R.M. of St. Clements
– 5000 block of Highway #9, Lockport, Manitoba
If you know anything about these incidents, or any other incidents that might be linked, call police at 204 986-2848, or Crime Stoppers at 204 786-TIPS (8477).