Another major road closure in effect for part of this week. Shaftesbury Blvd will be completely closed to all traffic between Wilkes and West Taylor from 6am Sunday morning until about 6pm Wednesday night for reconstruction of the railway crossing. For everyone that normally takes it as a shortcut to get to Kenaston will have to plan ahead for an alternate route. Expect Grant and Taylor to be a little busier than normal because of this.
The other spot that may really slow us down – especially in the afternoons – is NB Main Street from Euclid to Selkirk, where you will lose two middle lanes for hydro work for the next month. Diamond lane restrictions will be lifted for the duration of the project.
Finally, NB on the Sturgeon Rd Bridge will be closed completely for the next couple of months to complete warranty works. Traffic will be shifted onto the SB side and maintained in both directions.
Other new barricade zones to watch this week:
- Broadway will be reduced to one lane in each direction between Sherbrook and Langside from Monday until Wednesday for sewer work.
- Empress will see some lane closures in both directions for road work at Jack Blick from Monday until Thursday. From Portage to Eastway, NB Empress will also lose the curb lane.
- SB Ferry will lose the curb lane at Ness for the week for road work.
- From Wednesday until Friday, both EB and WB Nairn will lose the median lanes between Allan and Watt for sewer work.
- For the next two weeks, WB Notre Dame will lose the two right hand lanes from Donald to Hargrave, however, they should open up one of those lanes for the afternoon rush.
- From Monday until Thursday, both EB and WB Regent will lose the curb lanes for sewer work between Winona and Madeline.
- From Wednesday until Friday, NB Sherbrook at Notre Dame will lose the curb lane for water work.
- NB Henderson loses the median lane for sewer work between Dunrobin and Hazel Dell from Wednesday until Friday.
- EB Wellington will lose the curb lane at Berry from Monday until Thursday for construction.
- On Wednesday, intermittent lane closures will occur on the Fermor Bridge over the Seine for both EB and WB.
- Starting on Wednesday and running through the weekend, SB Maryland will lose the curb lane between Westminster and Wolseley for road work.
- From Wednesday until Friday, WB Portage will see intermittent lane closures between David and Bedson for sewer work.
- On Thursday, NB Pembina from Daly to Garwood, the curb lane will be closed for construction.
- Starting Friday and running through the weekend, WB Regent will lose the curb lane for water work between Lagimodiere and Panet.
Ongoing road projects include:
- SB King Edward at Notre Dame, lose the right hand lane for road work for the next couple of weeks.
- NB and SB Keewaitin from Logan to Notre Dame, lose the curb lanes in each direction for road work.
- Logan remains closed in both directions from Keewaitin to Cecil for a water main renewal project.
- SB Main from James to William, lose the two right hand lanes until next month for hydro work.
- SB Maryland loses the right hand lane for sewer work, but that should be wrapping up by midweek.
- Ness is single file in both directions from Mandeville to Collegiate for major rehabilitation. No left turns are permitted through the construction.
- Plessis from Kildare to Rosseau, lane closures continue in both directions for road work.
- Selkirk remains closed Salter and McGregor for a major street renewal project.
- SB St James loses the median lane from Maroons to St. Matthews until Wednesday.