Expect the delays to continue because of barricades SB King Edward and SB Keewaitin at Notre Dame. The road work has been with us for a couple of weeks, and the delays have been as long as 20-25 minutes at times. Lose the right hand lane on both routes, and expect things to also slow down SB McPhillips and SB Arlington as more people opt for those instead.
Mission Street between Archibald and McTavish will be closed starting at 3pm on Thursday, and will reopen at 8pm on Friday for railway crossing reconstruction. Meadowbrook between Pebble Beach Rd and Lakewood Blvd will be closed starting at 3pm on Wednesday and will reopen at 6am on Friday.
New barricade zones to watch for this week:
- Broadway NB from Picardy to Portage, the curb lane is closed for the week for landscape work.
- SB Ferry at Ness, paving work will be done causing some single lane closures. SB to EB left turns will be prohibited.
- SB Maryland from Knappen to Sara, the two right hand lanes will be closed for the next couple of weeks for sewer work. Two lanes will be open for rush hours.
- Also for the next couple of weeks, NB Sherbrook from Sara to Portage, the right hand lane will be closed for road work.
- On Wednesday, Dugald Rd will see some intermittent lane closures in both directions at Guy Savoie for traffic signal work.
- Starting up on Wednesday and running through the weekend, WB Goulet will lose the curb lane at Tache.
- From Tuesday until Thursday, WB Ellice will lose the curb lane at Empress for construction.
- Starting on Thursday and running through the weekend, EB Chancellor Matheson will be closed between University Cr and Innovation Dr for the Play On Ball Hockey Tournament.
Ongoing road work includes:
- Logan remains closed between Keewaitin and Cecil for a water main renewal project.
- NB Main from Euclid to Selkirk, lose the two middle lanes for hydro work. Diamond lane restrictions are lifted for the duration of the construction.
- SB Maryland from St. Matthews to Portage, the right hand lane is closed once again for on-again/off-again road work until the end of the month.
- Ness is still single file between Mandeville and Collegiate as road rehabilitation continues. Two-way traffic is maintained on the WB side as the EB lanes are closed.
- WB Notre Dame from Donald to Hargrave, two right hand lanes are closed for hydro work. Crews will open the second lane from the curb during peak rush times.
- NB Pembina from De Leglise to Cloutier, the curb lane is closed for water work for the next couple of months.
- Plessis Rd both NB and SB, lane closures continue between Kildare and Rosseau until the end of the month.
- WB Portage from Colony to McGee, roadway re-surfacing continues resulting in intermittent lane closures. Three lanes of WB traffic will be maintained during peak rush hours.
- Selkirk between Arlington and McGregor, curb lanes are closed in both directions for sewer and water work. Between Salter and McGregor, Selkirk will be completely closed.
- NB Sherbrook from Ellice to Cumberland, two lanes will be maintained during peak rush hours, however only one lane in the midday.
- The NB bridge on Sturgeon Rd remains closed for warranty work. Traffic will be maintained on the SB side until the middle of July.