Looking for something to do this weekend? Well here are 5 things for consideration…..
1. The 30th annual Teddy Bear’s Picnic happens on Sunday. Three decades ago the picnic began bringing together kids, teddy bears and parents for a day of health education, fun activities and entertainment. The Children’s Hospital Foundation is proud to carry on this great tradition of learning, laughing and lots of fun. The picnic starts at 9 a.m. on Sunday at Assiniboine Park and runs until 5 in the afternoon.
2. The Carstar walk to make Cystic Fibrosis history happens on Sunday. Registration starts at 10 a.m. and the 5 kilometer walk gets underway at 11 a.m at St. Vital Park. For more information head to cysticfibrosis.ca.
3. The Motorcycle Ride for Dad happens Saturday morning. Join well over a thousand riders for a fun filled day of riding with lunch, poker run, prizes and more…this while helping to raise money to fight prostate cancer. Even if you don’t have a bike, you should come out and check the spectacle of 1400 bikes leaving at one time! The ride begins at 10 a.m. Saturday morning in the parking lot of Polo Park Mall.
4. Table for 1200 highlight’s Winnipeg’s emerging design scene by bringing together architecture, design and the culinary arts to create an evening of entertainment and conversation in a very unique setting. At approximately 1200 feet long, table for 1200 more is a truly spectacular pop up outdoor dining experience. If you want more information on the event head to table for 1200more.ca.
5. And WWE Live makes a stop at the downtown arena Saturday night. It’s your chance to see your favorite WWE Superstars and Divas Live ! You can see Demon Kane, Intercontinental champion Kevin Owens, AJ Styles and Winnipeg’s own Chris Jericho. Tickets are still available and you can get them through ticketmaster.ca.