Looking for something to do this weekend? Well we’ve got 5 things for your consideration….
1. The MB Airshow 2016 will take place in Portage la Prairie on June 4th. This year’s air show is particularly exciting as it is the first major air show in Manitoba in nearly a decade! Airshow 2016 will feature exciting aerobatics displays by the Snowbirds and our own Canadian Forces CF-18 Demo Team. As well, spectators will be treated to invigorating and adrenaline pumping demonstrations by the Sky Hawks Parachute Team and a search and rescue demonstration involving our Canadian Forces Search and Rescue Technicians. Show starts at 9:30 Saturday morning and tickets are available at the gate.
2. If you are into some theatre this weekend, why not Shakespeare in the Ruins?! This happens at the St. Norbert Ruins from now until June 25th. You can head out and enjoy Richard the Third. Tickets are available either by phone or online at shakespeareintheruins.com.
3. Brand new production gets underway at Celebrations Dinner Theatre this weekend. The Big Boom Theory 3: The Early Years is on now until August 6th. Set to the best songs of the weirdest decade…that would be the 1990’s for those wondering! It’s what they’re calling a Geekquel. So grab your beanie baby, crimp your hair and grab your favorite jean jacket and check out the origin of your favorite nerds. Check out celebrations.ca for show times and ticket information.
4. Wildwoodrose Vintage & The Exchange BIZ will be hosting the 2016 edition of the Wildwoodrose Vintage Street Market on Saturday, from 10 am to 4 pm. The market will once again give vendors a chance to help create a unique destination shopping experience in Old Market Square. The Wildwoodrose Vintage Market has proven to be an extremely successful event that brings many people into the Exchange District. This happens around Old Market Square. If you want more info head to www.wildwoodrosevintage.com.
5. Winnipeg Paddlefest is a celebration of paddling, and all things related. It’s a kick-off to the summer water-sport season, bringing together professional paddling instructors, manufacturers, paddling shops, paddling clubs, and members of the public for a fun day of activities. Paddlers of all types can participate in skills clinics, demos, kayak slides, and more, with a variety of workshops held on-land and on-water. The great part of this is…..it’s Free ! This happens at the Fort Whyte Center on Sunday. You can head to their website fortwhyte.org for more information.