Looking for something to do this weekend?! Well we have FIVE things for your consideration…..
1. The Stonewall Children’s Center is proud to present “Touch-A-Truck,” a family event happening Saturday starting at 10 a.m. at the Stonewall Agriculture Grounds. This truly unique fundraiser is an interactive, outdoor family friendly experience allowing kids to “touch,” climb, explore and discover all kinds of vehicles including construction trucks, farm equipment, tractors, emergency vehicles and more. Entry is only 5 dollars and kids under the age of 2 are free. You can get your tickets at the gate.
2. The 34th annual Kidsfest is Manitoba’s largest and one of the most popular family events of the year. The festival runs all weekend and includes fantastic entertainment from around the world including music, comedy, theatre, dance and circus. Kidsfest also offer a vast assortment of interactive workshops, activities and tons of other fun things to see and do. This happens all weekend at The Forks and tickets are available online or onsite.
3. Rumor has it those dreaded train robbers on horseback are up to their tricks again and are waiting to ambush the next passenger train that heads up the line. You gotta stay prepared and look out for these outlaws on the way to Gross Isle. It’s Prairie Dog Central’s “The Great Train Robbery” happening on Sunday, June 12th. The train departs Sunday at 11 a.m. You can head to the Prairie Dog’s website at pdcrailway.com for more information.
4. It’s the concert that many “tweens” have been waiting for. Justin Bieber hits the stage at the downtown arena for his big show Saturday night. Believe it or not “Beliebers,” there are still tickets available for the show, including some right up front. Tickets are available through Ticketmaster. Show time is 7:30 p.m.
5. And Russian born artist Marc Chagall was pioneer of modernism. In fact, how’s this for an endorsement? Picasso said that after Matisse, Chagall would be the only painter left who understands what color really is. The Winnipeg Art Gallery is going to feature 42 lithograph prints that showcase Chagall’s unique style. This is on now until the end of August. For more information including ticket prices, head to the WAG’s website at wag.ca
Enjoy your weekend !!!