Some longterm projects are on the verge of wrapping up, others are just starting as we’re well into the thick of construction season in the city.
Isabel will be the latest to see some single lane closures. Between Notre Dame and William, delays can be expected for the next month as road work takes place in both directions.
Over on Grant, the EB curb lane will also be closed for the next two weeks between Cambridge and Nathaniel – that’s the area right in front of the Pan Am Pool and Grant Park High School.
Kenaston will also see some single lane closures during your midday drive between Corydon and Grant for the next couple of weeks. The barricades should only be up between 9am and 3pm, but expect delays throughout the day.
Other new barricade zones to watch for:
- Main Street will be losing the curb lanes this week between Graham and St Mary for water work. On Wednesday and Thursday, an additional lane will be closed from 9am to 3pm.
- EB Roblin from Greenbrier to Dieppe, the curb lane will be closed until Monday for MTS work.
- Beginning on Monday until Wednesday, EB Corydon from Campbell to Thurso, the median lane will be closed for road work.
- On Monday and Tuesday, SB Donald will lose the curb lane from Ellice to Portage to make way for moving trucks. The same thing will occur on Thursday.
- Also on Monday and Tuesday, WB Ellice will lose the curb lane from Strathcona to Empress from 9am to 3pm for MTS work. That work will continue at Erin Street from Wednesday until Friday.
- On Tuesday, the curb lane will be closed along WB Goulet from Goulet Place to St Mary’s.
- Beginning on Tuesday, Pioneer will see single lane closures in both directions from Waterfront to Westbrook for rail bridge maintenance.
- Also beginning on Tuesday, EB Portage from David to Bedson, the curb lane will be closed for hydro work for the next couple of weeks.
- Beginning Tuesday and running until early next week, SB Salter at Selkirk will see the curb lane closed for sidewalk and curb work. The lane should be open for the morning rush.
- Tuesday morning will also see the start of road work along NB St James Street between Maroons and St Matthews that will see the curb lane closed. The EB curb lane will also be closed along EB St Matthews from St James to Empress for the same project that should run until mid next week.
- Both directions of Jubilee will see some single lane closures on Tuesday and Wednesday for sewer work between Lilac and Riverside.
- From Wednesday until Friday, both directions of Broadway will see the curb lanes closed between Sherbrook and Maryland but only during the hours of 9am and 3pm.
- On Thursday and Friday, NB Sherbrook at Broadway will lose the left hand lane between 9am and 3pm for MTS work.
Ongoing barricade zones:
- Traffic is still reduced to one lane in each direction along Academy between Harrow and Wellington. No left turns are permitted at Harrow, but left turns are maintained for WB traffic at Stafford and Wellington.
- Same thing between Lanark and Cordova on Academy, one lane in each direction and left turns are restricted.
- WB Bishop Grandin continues to be single file from De La Seigneurie to St Anne’s – however it should be wrapping up this weekend.
- Corydon remains single file in both directions from Niagara to Montrose as well as from Stafford to Lilac until the middle of next month.
- NB Henderson is down a lane in two spots: from Leighton to McLeod, and from Springfield to Whellams.
- Inkster is single file from Burrows to Brookside as the WB lanes are closed for sewer work so traffic is maintained on the EB side. That runs until the end of August. From Keewatin to Sheppard, traffic is reduced to one lane in each direction, but that road work is scheduled to be completed this weekend.
- Keewatin remains in single file until the end of August from Notre Dame to Logan as the SB lanes are closed.
- NB Main loses the two middle lanes from Euclid to Stella until the end of the month.
- SB Maryland from Ellice to Broadway is down a lane all summer, road work ending in September.
- SB McPhillips between Swailes and Beecher, the curb lane remains closed for the next couple of weeks.
- The road rehabilitation work continues along Ness where the EB lanes are closed from Collegiate to Queen. Two-way traffic is maintained on the WB side, and no left turns are permitted through the construction.
- WB Notre Dame continues to lose the two right hand lanes from Donald to Hargrave, as well as from King to Adelaide for hydro work for the rest of this week. From Wall to Arlington, milling and paving work continues resulting in delays.
- NB Pembina from De Leglise to De Vos, the curb lane is closed until the end of the month.
- SB Pembina from Osborne to Carter, the median lane remains closed for that road rehab work. At times, a second lane could be closed from 9am to 3pm.
- SB Princess from McDermot to Notre Dame, the two right hand lanes are closed for construction.
- Sargent is still single file in each direction between Alverstone and Victor for water and street work until Labour Day.
- Selkirk loses the curb lanes in both directions from Arlington to McGregor for sewer work until the end of the month.
- Selkirk is also still closed to all traffic from Salter to McGregor.
- NB Shaftesbury is closed from Grant to Mountbatten for repaving. Two-way traffic is maintained on the SB side.
- NB Sherbrook continues to lose a lane just north of Wolseley until early Thursday morning for a film shoot.
- NB Smith from Ellice to Notre Dame, the two right hand lanes remain closed for construction for the week.
- On the St John Ambulance Way, the NB curb lane is closed for the week for water work.
- St Mary’s Rd from Caton to St Anne’s, traffic continues to be reduced to two lanes NB and one lane SB from 7am to 2pm. After 2pm, that will switch and two SB lanes will be open with one NB lane.
- NB on the William Clement Parkway between Grant and Roblin, single lane closures continue for road work that should be wrapping up early next week.