With all of the road work that continues at Confusion Corner, lots of people have been using WB River to bypass the delays on Donald. From Tuesday until Thursday, WB River will lose the two left hand lanes for road work. That could cause more delays in that area as SB Donald gets backed up right through the downtown, and SB Osborne also sees an increased level of traffic.
On Friday night at 6pm, Redwood will be closed to all traffic from Main Street through to and including the Redwood Bridge until 6am Monday morning for water work. Expect to see a lot more people head over the Disraeli Freeway instead.
Also starting on Friday at 5pm, Ferry Road will be closed to all traffic until 6am Monday from Ness to Silver for water and sewer work.
Other barricade zones to watch for this week:
- On Tuesday, SB Archibald from Doucet to Marion will lose the curb lane for road work.
- On Wednesday, WB Goulet as you approach St Mary’s, the curb lane will be closed for hydro work between 9am and 3pm.
- For the next week and a half, NB Arlington will lose the curb lane between Wellington to Notre Dame for sidewalk renewal.
- SB Pembina Highway – already undergoing a ton of road reconstruction – will now also see some single lane closures between Windemere and McGillivray.
- Beginning on Wednesday, WB Portage from Cavalier to David, the curb lane will be closed for road maintenance for the next week and a half.
- WB Portage also loses the curb lane between Sackville and Albany for the week.
- Meanwhile, for the next couple of weeks, EB Portage will see some single lane closures between Woodhaven and Lake for some road maintenance.
- Starting on Thursday and taking place over the next month, WB Leila will be reduced to one lane for sewer work except for the afternoon rush hour when two lanes will be open.
- Also starting on Thursday, NB Salter at Selkirk, the curb lane will be closed for sidewalk and curb repairs for the next week and a half, but should have the lane open for the afternoon rush.
- On Saturday and Sunday, traffic will be reduced to one lane in each direction along Broadway from Sherbrook to Maryland.
Ongoing road projects include:
- Academy remains in single file for both directions between Harrow and Wellington with no left turns permitted at Harrow. WB traffic will be able to turn left at Stafford and Wellington.
- Academy is also still single file between Lanark and Cordova for the next two weeks, and left turns are restricted.
- Meanwhile, Corydon is also single file for both directions from Niagara to Montrose; then from Stafford to Lilac, single lane closures are also in effect for both directions.
- SB Donald from Notre Dame to Cumberland, that left hand lane remains closed until Friday.
- EB Grant from Cambridge to Nathaniel, the curb lane is also closed until Friday.
- NB Hargrave only has the left hand lane open between Portage and Ellice as all other lanes are closed for building construction.
- NB Henderson from Frasers Grove to McLeod, only one lane will be open this week to re-build a manhole.
- NB Henderson is still undergoing road word from Leighton to McLeod, with a minimum of two lanes open during the afternoon rush, and only one lane open from 9am to 3pm.
- From Springfield to Whellams, NB Henderson also continues to see intermittent lane closures with two lanes open for both peak periods.
- The WB lanes are still closed until the end of the month along Inkster between Burrows and Brookside, so two-way traffic is maintained on the EB side.
- That longterm roadwork continues SB Keewatin between Notre Dame and Logan where the SB lanes are closed, so traffic is maintained on the NB side.
- Lagimodiere is seeing some single lane closures continue between Cottonwood and Dugald between the hours of 9am and 3pm.
- NB Main Street loses the two middle lanes from Euclid to Stella for the next couple of weeks for hydro work.
- SB Maryland is still full of construction. From Ellice to Broadway, you lose two lanes during the midday drive, but only one lane during the afternoon rush.
- SB McPhillips from Swailes to Beecher, the curb lane is closed for sewer work for the rest of the week.
- Ness is still undergoing all of that road rehabilitation from Collegiate to Queen, so traffic is maintained on the WB side as the EB lanes are closed until September.
- SB Pembina from Cloutier to Grandmont, the curb lane is closed for water work for the next two weeks.
- SB Pembina also continues to lose the left hand lane from Confusion Corner on down to Grant.
- EB Portage from David to Bedson, the curb lane is closed for hydro work.
- SB on Princess from McDermot to Notre Dame, the two left hand lanes are shut down for the week for construction.
- During the evenings, Regent between Rougeau and Moroz, single lane closures are in effect from 8pm to 630am.
- Traffic is reduced to one lane in each direction along Sargent between Alverstone and Victor for the rest of the month.
- Selkirk is also still completely closed between McGregor to Arlington.
- NB St James from Maroons to St Matthews, the curb lane is closed for the next couple of weeks for water work.
- St. Mary’s Rd is still full of road work for the next month from St. Anne’s to Caton. From 7am to 2pm, two NB lanes are open along with one SB lane. Then from 2pm to 7am, two SB lanes are open with one NB lane.
- NB Wall Street from Portage to Wolever, the second lane from the curb is closed for sewer work.
- The William Clement Parkway continues to see some NB delays as single lane closures remain in effect for road work until 9pm on Friday.