Single file is never easy, but single file along Kenaston can be a lot tougher than most routes and that’s what we have this week.
SB Kenaston at Grant, the curb lane is gone for hydro work which means big delays are expected for the afternoon drive. EB Grant also loses the curb lane at Kenaston for the same project.
On Tuesday, Shaftesbury will be closed to all traffic between Grant and Cuthbertson for re-paving. On Wednesday, one SB lane will re-open but NB traffic lanes will remain closed. The street should be back to normal on Thursday.
The other major project finally starts up on Isabel after being delayed a few weeks. Between Notre Dame and William, single file will be in effect in both directions. Left turns are also prohibited at McDermot, Bannatyne and William.
Other new barricade zones to watch:
- EB Grant from Portsmouth to Centennial, the curb lane is closed for the next couple of weeks for hydro work.
- SB Main from St Mary to Graham, the curb lane will be closed at all times for the week while the median lane will be closed between 9am and 3pm. NB left turn lanes will be closed one at a time for water work.
- NB Sherbrook from Ellice to Notre Dame, the right hand lane is closed for sidewalk construction.
- On Monday, SB Waverley from Lee to John Angus, the curb lane is closed for gas work.
- On Monday and Tuesday, Redwood is reduced to one lane in each direction between Main Street and the bridge for water work.
- On Tuesday night at 7pm, NB King at McDermot will lose the center lane for sewer maintenance for overnight work. It should reopen at 7am on Wednesday. The same thing will occur on SB Princess at McDermot. The center lane will be closed overnight, reopening at 7am.
- NB Archibald will lose the median lane between Mission and DeSalaberry on Tuesday and Wednesday for work on the CPR underpass south of Nairn.
- On Tuesday and Wednesday, Osborne will see some single lane closures in either direction during the off peak hours between Don and Jessie.
- From Tuesday until Thursday, NB Roblin from Barnstaple to Batchelor, the curb lane is closed for road work.
- Beginning Wednesday until Friday, St. Anne’s Rd between Granby and Meadowood, the curb lanes in both directions will be closed for communication work.
Ongoing road projects:
- Academy remains in single file for both directions from Harrow to Wellington, that runs for the next couple of weeks.
- Between Lanark and Cordova, Academy is also in single file there for both directions with no left turns allowed, however, it should wrap up at the end of the week.
- The NB curb lane is still closed for the week on Arlington from Wellington to Notre Dame.
- On Corydon, single file remains in both directions from Niagara to Montrose.
- NB Henderson from Leighton to McLeod, a minimum of two lanes are available during the rush hours, however, it will be reduced to one lane intermittently between 9am and 3pm. Same thing between Springfield and Whellams.
- The SB lanes remain closed along Keewatin between Notre Dame and Logan, so one lane open in each direction on the NB side.
- NB King between Notre Dame and McDermot, the two right hand lanes remain closed for hydro work.
- WB Leila is reduced to one lane between Salter and McGregor except during the afternoon rush when two lanes will be open.
- The two middle lanes remain closed NB Main from Euclid to Stella for the next few weeks.
- The delays will also continue EB Marion where the curb lane is closed for sewer work between Panet and Dawson.
- SB Maryland from Ellice to Broadway, that street renewal project continues until the beginning of September.
- NB McGregor at Selkirk is still down to single file as well.
- The EB lanes remain closed along Ness between Collegiate and Queen for that road rehab project. Two-way traffic is maintained on the WB side, and no left turns are permitted through the construction area.
- Intermittent lane closures continue EB on Notre Dame from Wall to Arlington for the rest of this week.
- SB Pembina from Cloutier to Grandmont, the curb lane remains closed for the week for water work while NB Pembina also loses the curb lane from Ducharme to Cloutier.
- There are also single lane closures SB Pembina from Windemere to McGillivray for the week.
- EB Portage also sees intermittent lane closures for road maintenance between Woodhaven and Lake.
- On Regent between Rougeau and Moroz, single lane closures remain in effect overnight for road work from 8pm to 630am.
- Traffic is reduced to one lane in each direction along Sargent from Alverstone to Victor for water and street work.
- The curb lanes also remain closed on Selkirk from Arlington to McGregor.
- On St. Mary’s between Caton and St. Anne’s, barricades remain in place limiting you to two NB lanes until 2pm with only one SB lane open. After 2pm, that switches and two SB lanes are open with only one NB.