There may not be a ton of new road projects this week, but all of the other major road work is long-term, so unfortunately the delays will continue in the usual spots. The most important traffic note for this week is that the Arlington Bridge is closed all week for maintenance. Expect the Slaw Rebchuk Bridge as well as McPhillips to see an increased traffic level throughout the week.
Other new projects:
- SB Henderson from Dunrobin to Kimberley, the curb lane is closed for sewer work for the week.
- WB Portage from Albany to Lyle, the two right hand lanes will be closed for road work. The second lane from the curb should be open for the afternoon rush.
- Beginning on Tuesday, EB Marion will lose the curb lane for sidewalk repairs right at Tache from 9am-3pm. Tache will also lose the curb lanes at Marion during that same time.
- Also starting on Tuesday, McGillivray will be reduced to one lane in each direction between Columbia and Brady with flagpersons on scene.
- On Monday until Wednesday, the median lane will be closed EB on Grant from Laxdal to Chalfont.
- On Wednesday, EB Notre Dame will lose the median lane between Banning and Burnell for gas work starting at 9am and lasting until about 8pm.
- Starting on Wednesday and lasting through the weekend, NB Smith loses the left hand lane at Notre Dame for hydro work.
- From Tuesday until Thursday, SB Donald will lose the left hand lane for water work.
- On Thursday, SB Erin loses the median lane for sewer work.
Ongoing road work:
- Academy remains in single file from Harrow to Wellington, as well as from Lanark to Cordova as both projects were extended to last for the next couple of weeks.
- Archibald is single file from Mission to Chalmers for road and bridge work. No left turns are permitted at Talbot, Levis and Chalmers. You will be able to turn left onto Nairn.
- SB Rt 90 continues to lose a lane from Ness all the way to Academy for maintenance on the St James Bridge.
- WB Grant from Campbell to Borebank, the curb lane remains closed for road work this week.
- NB Hargrave from Portage to Ellice, the two right hand lanes are closed for construction until mid-September.
- Isabel remains in single file from Notre Dame to William, with no left turns permitted at McDermot, Bannatyne, or William.
- The median lanes along Johnson remain closed until Wednesday at Roch for ongoing sewer work.
- SB Lagimodiere right around McIvor, the curb lane remains closed for construction this week.
- WB Leila still reduced to single file until the end of this week between Salter and McGregor.
- SB Maryland from Ellice to Broadway, that road work is scheduled to wrap up at the end of this week, at least one lane is closed – at times, two.
- NB Memorial from St Mary to Portage, the right hand lane is closed for construction.
- WB Notre Dame loses the two left hand lanes from Arthur to Princess, wrapping up at the end of the week.
- NB Pembina from Markham to Southpark, the curb lane is closed until Wednesday and left turns are also restricted onto Southpark.
- SB Pembina from Turnbull to Des Trappistes, the curb lane is closed for hydro work.
- Evening work continues this week along Regent from Rougeau to Moroz, from 8pm to 630am.
- SB Salter from Matheson to Landsdowne, the curb lane is closed for sewer work until Wednesday.
- Selkirk remains closed for all traffic between Arlington and McGregor, for roadway reconstruction.
- St. Mary’s Rd between Caton and St. Anne’s, lane closures remain in effect, resulting in two NB lanes in the mornings and one SB lane, and then two SB lanes open for the afternoon with one NB lane.