Winnipeg – Two Winnipeg men are facing a variety of firearms charges resulting from a pair of seperate incidents earlier this weekend. Friday Night Winnipeg Police attended a residence in the 500 Block of Aberdeen Avenue where a victim had a firearm pointed at him after attempting to get back stolen property he had located via an on line classified ad service.
It is recommended people do not try and retrieve stolen goods themselves, but call the WPG Non-Emergency line instead at 204-986-6222.
Police watched the suspect male placing a rifle and a firearm case containing a sawed-off shotgun with ammunition into a vehicle.
A pellet gun was also later found in the residence and 31 year old Leslie Kabe Thomas of Winnipeg is now in custody, facing a total of 8 charges.
– Pointing a Firearm
– Possession of a Weapon (x3)
– Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized (x3)
– Possession of Ammunition Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized
– Store Firearm or Restricted Weapon Contrary to Regulations (x3)
– Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm in Motor Vehicle (x2)
– Fail to Comply with Prohibition Order (x3)
– Fail to Comply with Recognizance by Judge/Justice (x2)
And very early Saturday morning, a patrol unit in the area of Andrews Street and Aberdeen Avenue arrested an individual holding a bag with what looked to be the handle of a firearm sticking out of it. It turned out to be a loaded sawed off shotgun and 36 year old Kenley Ryan St. Paul of Winnipeg now faces 5 charges.
– Possession of a Weapon
– Carry Concealed Weapon
– Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized
– Possession of a Prohibited /Restricted Firearm with Ammunition
– Fail to Comply with Prohibition Order (x2)