Construction season is slowly coming to an end, and that means some of these long-term projects are nearing completion.
Single file remains along Academy from Harrow to Wellington for at least the next week, resulting in big delays SB on Maryland as you approach the Maryland Street Bridge, while SB RT 90 also continues to lose a lane from Ness to Academy until October for maintenance on the St James Bridge.
New this week:
- On Monday, SB Carlton from Cumberland to Qu’Appelle, the right hand lane will be closed for a special event.
- Also on Monday, Mountain Ave will lose the median lanes in both directions between Andrews and Salter.
- On Tuesday and Wednesday, SB Donald will lose the left hand lane from Ellice to Portage for water work – then between Broadway and York, the two left lanes will be closed from Wednesday to Friday.
- NB Edmonton from York to St. Mary, the the left hand lane will be closed for construction for the next couple of weeks.
- Over on McPhillips between Selkirk and Jarvis, NB will lose the curb lane while SB will lose the median lane for the week.
- WB Portage loses the curb lane between Balmoral and Spence for a special event all week.
- EB Regent will see the closure of the curb lane between Winona and Day all week as well.
- For the next couple of weeks, NB Smith from St Mary to Graham, the two left hand lanes will be closed for construction starting on Tuesday.
- EB York will lose the left hand lane from Edmonton to Carlton for the next couple of weeks, and will also lose the two right hand lanes from Carlton to Hargrave.
Ongoing barricade zones:
- Academy remains in single file from Lanark to Cordova for at least the next week.
- Archibald is single file in both directions from Mission to Chalmers with no left turns permitted at Talbot, Levis, or Chalmers. You can turn left onto Nairn.
- NB Hargrave from Portage to Ellice, the two right hand lanes are closed for the rest of the month.
- The median lanes are closed along Inkster between Inksbrook and Brookside for sewer construction until the end of November.
- Isabel is single file in both directions between Notre Dame and William with left turns restricted at McDermot, Bannatyne, and William.
- NB King from Notre Dame to McDermot, the two right hand lanes are closed for water work.
- Single lane closures remain in effect along Logan between Bushnell and Patrick for at least the next week.
- McGillivray is reduced to one lane in each direction with flagpersons directing traffic from Columbia to Brady, between the hours of 9am and 3pm.
- Road work continues along Osborne from Gertrude to Corydon – the west curb lane is closed resulting in two lanes open to go NB in the morning, with one lane SB. After 2pm, that will switch.
- NB Pembina from Markham to Southpark, the curb lane is closed for storm sewer work.
- On the SB side of Pembina, from Turnbull to Des Trappistes, the curb lane is closed for hydro work.
- Two-way traffic is maintained on the NB side for underpass construction on Plessis between Dugald and Kernaghan.
- Selkirk is completely closed to all traffic from Arlington to McGregor for roadway reconstruction.
- St. Mary’s Rd is still full of barricades from Caton to St Anne’s for at least the rest of the week. Two lanes are open in the morning for NB traffic with only one lane SB, and then after 2pm that switches.