The major barricade zones continue that have been causing major delays the last few weeks.
SB Rt 90 from Ness to Academy, your center lane is taken away as you head over the St James Bridge. That causes all sorts of trouble in the Polo Park area as WB Ness slows down, as does WB Portage Avenue.
Archibald and Watt are also still single file from Mission to Chalmers, while Osborne is still undergoing road work from Gertrude to Jessie – the left hand lane is closed so two NB lanes are open in the morning with only one to go SB, and then that switches for the drive home.
New barricade zones this week:
- WB Ellice loses the curb lane right at Burnell for the week.
- NB Roblin from Grant to Fairmont also loses the curb lane for the week.
- On Tuesday, two lanes will be closed at a time on Ferry Road from 9am to 3pm for road repairs between Silver and Ness. Flagpersons will be directing traffic in the remaining open lane.
- Also starting up on Tuesday, SB Main from Euclid to Dufferin, the curb lane will be closed for road work through the weekend.
- On Wednesday and Thursday, the left turn lane EB on Portage at Strathcona will be closed for sewer work. No left turns will be allowed.
- Starting on Thursday, NB Arlington will be completely closed to all traffic for road re-paving from Machray to Inkster.
Ongoing road projects:
- WB Academy is still single file from Harrow to Wellington, but EB is now wide open. WB should re-open this week.
- Arlington is still reduced to one lane in each direction between Dufferin and Flora for road work. It should wrap up early in the week.
- Dakota loses the curb lanes in both directions between Paddington and Nova Vista until the end of the month.
- SB Erin loses the curb lane between Notre Dame and Richard until Tuesday.
- Inkster continues to be single file in both directions with the median lane closed between King Edward and Brookside for sewer construction until December.
- WB Johnson from Brazier to Henderson, curb lane gone for road repair until the beginning of October.
- SB Lagimodiere right aroun McIvor, the curb lane remains closed until Wednesday.
- Logan from Bushnell to Patrick, single lane closures remain in effect for both directions.
- EB Marion at Tache, the right hand lane is closed for construction until about Thursday.
- The NB median lane on the Maryland Street Bridge is closed for the rest of the month for bridge rehabilitation work.
- McGregor is completely closed between Alfred and Aberdeen for sewer repairs.
- NB McGregor at Selkirk, single file remains until the end of the month.
- Road work continues at Confusion Corner, that left hand lane SB on McMillan will be closed until November, while SB Pembina loses curb lane between Osborne and Carter.
- The two left hand lanes remain closed EB on Ness from Madison to St James.
- WB Notre Dame from Donald to Hargrave, the left hand lane is closed until early next week.
- Osborne from Gertrude to Jessie, the west curb lane is closed for the rest of the week. Two lanes are open to head NB in the morning with one lane SB – that switches in the afternoons.
- WB Portage from Mandeville to Woodlawn, the two right hand lanes are closed until the end of the month.
- WB River still loses the two right lanes from Cauchon to Scott.
- Selkirk remains completely closed to all traffic from Arlington to McGregor until mid-November.
- NB Smith from St Mary to Graham, the two left lanes are closed for construction.