Winnipeg – The playoff possibilities aren’t necessarily endless but they are many for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers heading into the final three weeks of the 2016 CFL regular season. The Bombers, at 10-6, have a leg up on second place in the West Division after their recent sweep of the B.C. Lions. But the 9-6 Lions and 8-7 Edmonton Eskimos certainly aren’t out of the second place picture. Here’s a look at some of the possible scenarios as they apply to the Bombers, as well as the Lions and Eskimos(Winnipeg has 2 games left, both against Ottawa; B.C. has 3 games left, home to Edmonton, then home and home vs Saskatchewan; Edmonton has 3 games left, in B.C. and in Hamilton, home to Toronto):
1. The Bombers get second if they win their final two game against Ottawa regardless of what the Lions and Eskimos do.
2. The Bombers get second if they split their two games with Ottawa and Edmonton and B.C. each lose one of their final three.
3. The Bombers get second if they lose their final two games and B.C. and Edmonton each lose two of their final three.
4. B.C. Lions will get second if they win their final three and the Bombers lose 1 of their last 2.
5. B.C. Lions will get second if they win two of their final three while Winnipeg loses twice to Ottawa and Edmonton loses 1 of its final 3.
6. Edmonton gets second if the Eskimos win their final three and the Bombers lose one of two.
These scenarios will certainly be altered after the Eskimos and Lions meet Saturday night in Vancouver.