Winnipeg travelers flying around Canada this summer will now have more flight options.
On Monday, WestJet announced it’s adding more flights to its summer schedule. The airline will add non-stop flights from Winnipeg to Abbotsford, B.C., and increase flights to Edmonton and Hamilton.
This comes nearly a month after its competitor, NewLeaf, increased flights to the same three destinations. The low-cost airline launched July 25, 2016 and offers discount fare flights around Canada.
WestJet summer additions:
- Service between Winnipeg and Edmonton will increase from 21 flights per week to 24 starting April 30.
- There will now be 60 weekly departures from Winnipeg to Abbotsford starting in May.
- Daily service from Winnipeg to Hamilton starts May 1.
NewLeaf summer additions:
- Service from Winnipeg to Abbotsford will increase to nine times a week starting May 1.
- Service from Winnipeg to Edmonton will increase to three times a week starting May 1.
- Service form Winnipeg to Hamilton will increase to five times per week starting May 1.
The summer schedule for both companies runs from April 30 to the end of October.