The cause of a fire that killed three is being ruled accidental.
It started in the early morning hours of February 28th at an Alexander Avenue rooming house.
“It’s a very small two-storey rooming house,” said Alex Forrest, President of the United Firefighters of Winnipeg.
“There was over 14 people that were living in that rooming house and you would never think that there were problems for getting out if there was a fire, but once fire occurs it’s extremely dark and there’s toxic smoke,” Forrest told 680 CJOB at the time of the fire.
Two women, aged 20 and 21 and a man who was 49, all died of their injuries.
Another man was also taken to hospital in critical condition, although it’s unclear how he’s doing now.
Two firefighters also suffered minor injuries fighting the blaze.
Meantime a gofundme page has been set up for on of the families affected by the fire.