5 Things To Do This Weekend
- If you love your basketball and would like to see some fun, NBA style action then you don’t want to miss the Harlem Globetrotters. They are at the MTS Centre on Sunday. There are still some tickets left for the show and if you want an idea of what to expect on Sunday, head to their website.
- Need a laugh this weekend? Marlon Wayans brings his Scandal-less tour to town. Marlon is an actor, producer, comedian, writer and film director AND he’s really funny. He’s been selling out shows right across North America. Wayans will be performing this weekend at Rumor’s Comedy Club on Corydon Avenue and there might just be a few tickets left…
- This is the very last weekend for you to see the gods and goddesses of Olympus before they head back to Berlin. Join in the Olympus closing celebration at the Winnipeg Art Gallery with entertainment and activities for the entire family. Head to their website for show and ticket information.
- Star Trek: The Ultimate Voyage Concert Tour happens at The Burton Cummings theatre this weekend. The concert will feature some of the greatest music ever written for the franchise including the score from the original series and many of the Star Trek movies. This never-before-seen concert event is perfect for music lovers, filmgoers, sci-fi fans and anyone looking for an exciting and unique concert experience. For more info, you can check out their website.
- Tomorrow it’s Shakespeare in the Ruins at the Gas Station Arts Centre on River Avenue. Sword fights, songs and prose are in store for those who come, courtesy of Outside Joke, an improv company from right here in Winnipeg. For more information on the show and ticket availability, you can go to their website.