For the next two weeks, Academy could see some delays during both of our rushes. Between Stafford St and Wellington Cres, the median lanes in both directions will be closed meaning single-file will be maintained in the curb lanes. This is all due to sewer work taking place and will be in effect for the next two weeks.
Also this week, Keewatin will see some lane closures in a couple of different spots:
- Beginning on Tuesday and running into next week, between Inkster and Inkster Garden, NB will lose the curb lane, while SB loses the median lane for water work.
- From Selkirk to Manitoba, the SB curb lane will be closed for sewer repairs from Tuesday until Thursday.
Other new barricade zones to watch for:
- On Monday, SB McPhillips from Jefferson to Richardson, the median lane will be closed for construction.
- From Monday until Wednesday, SB King Edward will lose the curb lane from McDermot to Dublin for construction.
- Beginning Monday and running until Thursday, Regent Ave will lose the median lanes in both directions a couple of blocks east of Plessis between Hoka and Madeline.
- On Tuesday, NB Memorial will lose the curb lane for hydro work.
- Starting on Tuesday and running until Thursday, SB Maryland will lose two left hand lanes for sewer work. On Wednesday, the curb lane will be re-opened.
- From Tuesday until Friday, EB Ness will be down to just the median lane between Moorgate and Sharp as hydro work takes up the curb lane.
- On Wednesday and Thursday, SB Lagimodiere at Warman will lose the median lane for storm drain repairs.
Ongoing projects include:
- Plessis Rd in both directions loses the median lanes for sewer work between Kildare and Rousseau.
A quick look at the weekend –
The Winnipeg Police Service Half Marathon takes place on Sunday, meaning some lanes will be closed along major routes to accommodate the runners.
- NB and SB on the Charleswood Bridge, from Moray to Roblin, the curb lanes will be closed.
- EB Portage from Douglas Park to Woodhaven, the curb lane will be closed.