Still dealing with the barricades on Academy that have us in single file from Stafford St to Wellington Cres. As we saw last week, it really slowed things down SB Maryland in the afternoons, and also resulted in some increased traffic NB on Pembina in the mornings. It should be wrapping up by the end of the weekend.
On Osborne between McMillan and Wardlaw, the SB curb lane will be closed for the next couple of weeks. However, two lanes of traffic will be maintained for the peak rush times, meaning in the mornings, NB will have two lanes available, while in the afternoons, SB will have two lanes.
Logan will be reduced to one lane in each direction between Arlington and Maude from Wednesday to Friday.
The other big project takes place WB on Portage Ave from Colony to McGee, where we will see intermittent lane closures for roadway re-surfacing. Three lanes of traffic will be maintained during the peak periods, but only two lanes available between the hours of 9am and 3pm.
New barricade zones to watch:
- Starting on Monday and running for the next couple of weeks, NB Keewaitin will be reduced to one lane between Alexander and Logan for sewer work. The EB curb lane on Logan will also be closed at Keewaitin.
- For the next month, EB James from King to Main, the right hand lane will be closed for hydro work.
- Also for the next month, SB King Edward will lose the curb lane between Legion and Notre Dame.
- From Monday until Thursday, NB Main will lose the two middle lanes for for sewer work right at Manitoba Ave.
- On the SB side of Main Street, the two right hand lanes will be closed for the next month from James to William.
- From Monday until Friday, NB Memorial will lose the curb lane between Broadway and York for hydro work.
- On Tuesday, EB Broadway from Edmonton to Carlton, the curb lane will be closed to accommodate moving trucks.
- Also on Tuesday, SB McPhillips from Court to Leila will see the curb lane closed for streetlight repairs.
- From Tuesday until Friday, WB Grant will lose the curb lane between Beaverbrook and Centennial for construction.
- Beginning on Tuesday for the rest of the week, the NB curb lane on Pembina will be closed for sewer work from Grant to Scotland.