A propane explosion has injured one person in northwestern Manitoba.
The explosion happened at the Stittco Energy station just before 8 this morning in Flin Flon.
One person suffered non-life threatening injuries.
Stittco Energy spokesperson Amanda Condie tells 680 CJOB, the blast was quickly extinguished.
“The explosion happened at our mechanical shop and the building was destroyed. A third-party mechanic working for Stittco was injured and sent to hospital.”
RCMP Sgt. Bert Paquet says a few businesses surrounding the area were also evacuated after the blast.
RCMP and the Office of the Fire Commissioner will investigate.
Flin Flon’s chief administrative officer Mark Kolt told Global News that the blast happened after there was an unexpected leak when employees at the propane supply company were doing repair work.
Photo courtesy Jonathon Naylor, Flin Flon Reminder via Global News