SB Maryland has seen its fair share of construction over the past few months that has caused some pretty big afternoon delays. A new street renewal project starts up Monday that will last all of summer. From Ellice to Broadway, intermittent lane closures will occur which will reduce Maryland to single-file throughout the day. For the afternoon rush, they will open up two lanes, however you can expect delays on your drive home.
On St Mary’s Rd, lane closures will occur for the next couple of months between St. Anne’s and Caton. Two NB lanes will remain open from 7am-2pm with only one SB lane open. Then, that will switch. Two SB lanes will be open from 2pm-7am, with only one NB lane open.
We’ve also had delays WB Portage for the last couple of weeks due to road re-surfacing in front of the University of Winnipeg. That has all finished up, however WB Portage is still full of barricades for a bunch of separate projects.
- From Furby to Sherbrook, the two middle lanes will be closed for hydro work for the next month.
- From Maryland to McGee, intermittent lane closures will occur for MTS manhole repairs. A minimum of two lanes will remain open for peak periods.
- From Toronto to Beverley, the curb lane and median lane will be shut down for water work until the end of the month. Three lanes will be open for the afternoon rush.
Other new road projects starting up this week include:
- WB Academy from Beaverbrook to Lanark, the curb lane will be closed for construction until the end of the month.
- WB Bishop Grandin from De La Seigneurie to St. Anne’s, intermittent single lane closures will occur for road work until August.
- On Monday, SB Pembina from Bison to Dalhousie, the curb lane will be closed for sewer work.
- From Monday until Wednesday, NB St Anne’s from Warde to Shorehill, the curb lane will be closed for construction.
- From Monday until Thursday, Main Street at Assiniboine will see intermittent lane closures in both directions for traffic signal work.
- Also from Monday until Thursday, EB Roblin loses the curb lane at Scotswood for road work. On the WB side, intermittent lane closures will occur from Municipal to Berkley.
- Starting up on Tuesday for the week, WB Ellice will lose the curb lane from Milt Stegall Dr to Century.
- From Tuesday until Thursday, SB St. Mary’s Rd from River to Rivergate, the curb lane will be closed for road work.
- On Wednesday, single lane closures will occur on WB Selkirk between Sinclair and Battery.
- Beginning on Wednesday and running until August, EB Notre Dame will see single lane closures between Wall and Arlington. Two EB lanes will be open during the peak periods.
- On Wednesday and Thursday, EB Stradbrook from Scott to Donald, the two right hand lanes will be closed for sewer work. Two lanes should be available for rush hours.
- Beginning on Friday, WB Grant will lose the curb lane for streetlight repairs between Harrow and Nathaniel.
Ongoing barricade zones to watch for:
- WB Concordia remains closed for road reconstruction from Molson to Gateway. EB is open from Gateway to access the school and hospital.
- Corydon is still single file in both directions from Niagara to Montrose.
- SB Erin still loses two lanes until Wednesday, however, two lanes are open for the rush hours.
- NB Henderson from Roberta to Greene, the two right hand lanes remain closed until Wednesday, however, two lanes should be open for the afternoon rush.
- Inkster is still full of construction in a couple of spots. From Burrows to Brookside, the WB lanes are closed for sewer work. Traffic is maintained on the EB side. Then, from Keewaitin to Sheppard, single-file continues for both directions.
- Keewaitin is also still full of road work in both directions. From Church to Inkster, curb lanes are closed for water work until the end of this week. From Logan to Notre Dame, the NB lanes are closed resulting in two-way traffic maintained on the SB side.
- EB Logan is still closed from Keewaitin to Cecil. One WB lane is open.
- NB Main continues to lose the two middle lanes from Euclid to Selkirk for the week.
- All of that major road rehab continues along Ness, so the EB lanes are still closed from Mandeville to Collegiate. Single-file is maintained for both directions on the WB side.
- NB Pembina from De Leglise to Cloutier, the curb lane remains closed for water work.
- Sargent is still down to one lane in each direction between Arlington and Victor for water and street work until September.
- Selkirk also continues to lose the curb lanes between Arlington and McGregor until the end of July. On the other side of McGregor, Selkirk remains closed through to Salter.
- NB Sherbrook from Ellice to Cumberland, two NB lanes available during the peak times, with only one available during non-peak hours. Should be wrapped up on Wednesday.
- The NB bridge along Sturgeon Rd is still closed. Traffic is maintained on the SB side from Booth to Portage.
- SB Waverley at John Angus, sinkhole repairs continue on Monday and Tuesday.