1. Folklorama continues around Winnipeg this weekend. Why not come out and explore one of the most vibrant arts and culture scenes in North America. Single pavillion passes will only set you back 6 dollars. But there are also mini packs, group packs and VIP tour packages available. For a list of which pavillion’s are open this weekend, along with show times, head to folklorama.ca
2. The Power Smart Manitoba Summer Games start this weekend in Steinbach. The games help to identify Manitoba athletes who have the potential to advance to high levels of competition—things like a provincial team, or western Canada or Canada summer games. Events happen at various venues in the city of Steinbach…and if you want a complete listing of who is playing whereyou can head to sportmanitoba.ca.
3. Well with Winnipeg being called the country’s cultural cradle, what better way to celebrate and embrace diversity than food !!! FOOD-A-RAMA is a 2 day festival attracting top industry professionals, restauranteurs, chefs and all food afficianados alike from different ethnic groups. This wonderful event happens Saturday and Sunday behind the Philippine Canadian Center of Manitoba on Keewatin Street. Check out their facebook page for more, just do a search for foodarama.
4. Drive, walk or bike to a movie under the stars! It’s the drive-in downtown !! This happens on the parking lot at the corner of Graham and Garry. Parking is first come first served and the movie starts at sundown–around 9 p.m. Saturday’s movie will be The Incredibles. And the best part? It’s free !!
5. Portage Potato Festival is a FREE admission community event. Which provides attractions such as live entertainment, kid’s events, pancake breakfast, various food and retail vendors, farmers’ market etc. It happens in Republic Park in Portage this weekend. If you want a full line up of everything going on head to portagepotatofest.ca.