The St James Bridge will be undergoing some maintenance for the next couple of months, which will result in some single lane closures along the bridge – as well as along parts of RT 90. From Ness to Academy, expect delays as lanes will be closed in different spots along that stretch for the duration of the project.
Osborne will also be undergoing some road work. From Gertrude to Corydon, the west curb lane will be closed for water work and they will manage this the same way they manage the road work along St Mary’s. Two lanes will be open to head NB in the morning with only one lane SB, then that will switch in the afternoons with two lanes open SB and one NB.
Other new barricade zones:
- SB Ferry from Silver to Ness, the median lane will be closed for road repair.
- From Monday until Wednesday, EB Broadway will see single lane closures from Borrowman to Maryland.
- On Tuesday, the NB median lane along the Maryland Street Bridge will be closed between 9am and 3pm.
- Starting on Tuesday, Johnson Avenue at Roch will lose the median lanes for sewer work in both directions.
- From Wednesday until Friday, WB Fermor from Seagrim to St Anne’s loses the median lane for sewer work.
- The intersection of Pembina and Grant will be undergoing some traffic signal repairs, resulting in the closure of the curb and median lanes along Pembina in both directions. This should only take place between 9am and 3pm.
- WB Notre Dame loses the curb lane from Tentler to King Edward for the week.
- Salter at Selkirk, the curb lanes will be closed in both directions for sidewalk and curb repairs but they will be open during the appropriate rush hours.
- NB St. Mary’s from Frederick to Nicollet, the right hand lane will be closed for sewer work for the week.
- Starting up on Wednesday and running through the weekend, SB Arlington will lose the curb lane at Selkirk.
Ongoing barricade zones to watch for:
- Academy remains in single file from Lanark to Cordova, with left turns restricted.
- The city has also extended the road work along Academy from Harrow to Wellington until mid-September, single file in both directions.
- Archibald is down to single file in each direction between Mission and Chalmers, with no left turns allowed at Talbot, Levis and Chalmers. You will be allowed to turn left at Nairn.
- Corydon is also still in single file from Stafford to Lilac, but should be wrapping up at the end of the week.
- NB Hargrave from Portage to Ellice, the two right hand lanes are closed for construction.
- NB Henderson Highway is in the final stages of two road projects. From Leighton to McLeod, you will have two lanes open during peak hours, but only one lane open from 9am to 3pm. The same thing will occur from Springfield to Whellams.
- Inkster remains in single file for both directions from Inksbrook to Brookside until December.
- Road work continues along Isabel between Notre Dame and William, with left turns restricted at McDermot, Bannatyne, and William. A minimum of one lane will be open in each direction.
- The SB lanes are still closed along Keewatin, between Notre Dame and Logan. Two-way traffic is maintained on the NB side.
- SB Lagimodiere is single file from Dugald to Marion.
- WB Leila is reduced to one lane from Salter to McGregor. During the afternoon rush, two lanes will be open.
- NB Main at Euclid continues to lose the two middle lanes however that project should be wrapping up this week.
- SB Maryland from Ellice to Broadway, road work continues limiting you to one lane until 2pm, at which time two lanes will be open.
- Road rehabilitation continues along Ness from Collegiate to Queen, with the EB lanes completely closed. Two-way traffic is maintained on the WB side with no left turns permitted.
- Pembina Highway from Crescent Dr to Bishop Grandin, single lane closures are in effect in both directions until September.
- Plesses Rd continues to lose the SB lanes from Dugald to Kernaghan for underpass construction. Two-way traffic is maintained on the NB side.
- EB Portage Avenue sees single lane closures from St John Ambulance Way to Sherburn affecting your midday drive, but barricades moved out of the way for the rush hours.
- Traffic is reduced to one lane in each direction along Sargent between Arlington and McGregor.
- St. Mary’s Rd from Caton to St Anne’s, road work continues resulting in two NB lanes being open from 7am-2pm with only one SB lane, and then two SB lanes open from 2pm-7am with only one NB lane.