To go along with the many major barricades affecting our major routes, more road work will start up this week along the Maryland Street Bridge which already sees big delays SB. On the NB side, from Academy to Sherbrook, the median lane on the bridge will be closed for rehabilitation work. This will run until the end of the month.
Delays will continue this week in the usual places as we have a lot of longterm road projects underway.
SB Rt 90 from Ness to Academy, maintenance is being done on the St James Bridge for another month so we continue to lose a lane through that stretch. Lineups usually extend back to St Matthews during the afternoon drive home.
Archibald is single file in both directions between Mission and Chalmers, and that also creates delays on the Nairn Overpass as well as on the Louise Bridge.
New barricade zones to watch for:
- Ellice is reduced to one lane in each direction for water work between Donald and Notre Dame.
- WB River loses the right hand lane from Mayfair to Clarke for the next month.
- On Monday and Tuesday, SB Donald will see some intermittent lane closures between Graham and St Mary for overhead walkway repairs.
- Starting on Tuesday, WB River from Scott to Bryce, the right hand lane will be closed for the rest of the week.
- On Tuesday, SB Donald will lose two lanes between Broadway and York for the week. Donald is already slow with all of the road work at Confusion Corner.
- Also starting on Tuesday, the two left hand lanes will be closed EB on Ness from Madison to St James for sewer work.
- On Tuesday and Wednesday, NB Henderson loses the curb lane from Poplar to Johnson for gas work.
- Starting on Thursday, single lane closures will occur on Broadway in either direction between Sherbrook and Maryland with no left turns available at either intersection. This will take us through the weekend.
- Beginning Friday and lasting through the weekend, SB St James Street will lose two lanes for water work.
Ongoing road projects include:
- Academy is in single file from Harrow to Wellington which causes those big lineups SB on Maryland. It is supposed to wrap up early in the week, but could be extended once again.
- Ferry Road is completely closed to all traffic for water work between Silver and St Matthews.
- WB Grant loses the curb lane from Campbell to Borebank for the rest of the week.
- Inkster remains in single file from King Edward to Brookside for sewer construction, running until the end of November.
- SB Isabel from the bridge through to Logan, the curb lane is closed for construction for the rest of the month.
- Also along Isabel, single file remains between Notre Dame and William. No left turns are permitted at McDermot, Bannatyne or William.
- WB Johnson from Brazier to Henderson, the curb lane is closed until October for road repair.
- NB King from Notre Dame to McDermot, the two right hand lanes are closed for hydro work but should return sometime this week.
- SB Lagimodiere right around McIvor, the curb lane is closed for construction until the end of this week.
- NB McGregor at Selkirk, only one lane is open for the rest of the month.
- NB Memorial from St Mary to Portage, the right hand lane is closed for the next couple of weeks.
- EB Ness is still closed between Collegiate and Queen. One lane is open in each direction on the WB side.
- Osborne still undergoing lots of road work between Gertrude and Jessie. Two lanes are open NB for the morning rush with only one lane SB. In the afternoon, that will switch.
- NB Pembina from Markham to Southpark, the curb lane is closed for storm sewer work.
- SB Pembina from Confusion Corner down to Grant, the curb lane remains closed for that big rehabilitation project.
- WB Portage from Mandeville to Woodlawn, the two right hand lanes are closed for water work for the rest of the month.
- Selkirk remains completely closed between Arlington and McGregor for roadway reconstruction.
- The SB curb lane on the Slaw Rebchuk Bridge is closed for the rest of the month.
- NB Smith from St Mary to Graham, the two left hand lanes are closed for construction.
- NB St Mary’s from Lennox to Hall, the curb lane is closed for water work until Thursday.