Expect delays on Broadway this week as the median lanes will be closed in both directions between Colony and Good. Single file each way will back things up during both rushes.
Portage Avenue is also going to see some delays this week as we have barricades in a couple of spots. First off, in the downtown, the WB center lane from Carlton to Edmonton will be closed until Thursday. Then, starting on Tuesday, two right hand lanes will be closed WB on Portage from Arlington to Burnell. This will create some lineups that will extend through the downtown.
Other new barricade zones to watch:
- WB Grant from Harrow to Wilton, the curb lane is closed this week for road work.
- NB McPhillips from Kingsbury to Leila, the curb lane is closed for the week.
- SB Memorial loses the curb lane from St Mary to York this week, while NB will also see some lane closures.
- EB Sargent from Ferry to Berry, the curb lane is closed for water work for the next few weeks. Left turns will not be allowed to get NB on Berry.
- On Monday and Tuesday, EB Cumberland will lose the curb lane from Carlton to Donald.
- On Tuesday, NB Wall from Portage to Wolever, the right hand lane is closed for construction.
- On Tuesday and Wednesday, SB Osborne from Kylemore to Maplewood, the curb lane will be closed for sewer work. Two lanes will be open for the afternoon rush.
- Starting on Wednesday and running for the next month, SB Pembina from Thatcher to South Park, the median lane is closed for road work.
- On Thursday, the SB lanes on Arlington from Machray to Inkster will be closed for road re-paving. This is after the NB lanes were closed for the same reason.
Ongoing road projects:
- Archibald remains single file from Mission to Chalmers until the end of October.
- NB Arlington is closed between Machray and Inkster until Thursday.
- SB Rt 90 continues to lose a lane from Ness to Academy until the middle of October.
- Dakota between Paddington and Nova Vista, the curb lanes remain closed until the end of the month.
- Inkster remains in single file between King Edward and Brookside with the median lanes closed for sewer construction until December.
- SB Isabel from the Slaw Rebchuk Bridge to Logan, the curb lane is closed for construction.
- WB Johnson from Brazier to Henderson, the curb lane is closed for road repair until early next week.
- The median lane remains closed on the Maryland Street Bridge heading NB until the end of the month.
- NB McGregor is reduced to one lane at Selkirk until the end of the month.
- WB Notre Dame loses the two right hand lanes from Garry to Hargrave for the next few weeks.
- Osborne continues to lose a lane from Gertrude to Jessie. Two NB lanes will be maintained during the morning rush with only one lane SB, and that will switch in the afternoons.
- NB Pembina from Markham to Southpark, the curb lane is closed for storm sewer work.
- SB Pembina from Osborne to Carter, intermittent lane closures continue for that road rehabilitation.
- Plessis continues to lose the curb lanes in both directions between Kernaghan and Regent.
- WB Portage loses two right hand lanes from Mandeville to Woodlawn until the end of the month.
- Selkirk is still completely closed to all traffic between Arlington and McGregor.
- SB on the Slaw Rebchuk Bridge, the curb lane remains closed until the end of the month.
- NB Smith from St Mary to Graham, the two left lanes are still closed for construction.