As we hit the month of October, we’re starting into the home stretch of some of these long-term barricade zones.
About ten more days of the maintenance on the St. James Bridge remains, you continue to lose one lane from Ness all the way to Academy. Archibald, meanwhile, will be single file for another month from Mission to Chalmers with that project set to wrap up on November 1st.
We will also see some new road work along St Mary’s Rd for the next couple of weeks at Coniston. The curb lanes will be closed for sidewalk repairs, however, they should keep the NB curb lane open for the morning rush, and the SB curb lane open for the afternoon.
New road projects starting this week:
- NB King from James to Logan, the curb lanes will be closed this week for hydro work.
- WB St. Mary will lose the two right hand lanes between Osborne and Colony for hydro manhole repairs for the next month.
- EB Wellington from King Edward to Century, the curb lane is closed for the week.
- NB King Edward (Rt 90) between Bannatyne and William, the right hand lane will be closed until Thursday.
- On Tuesday, NB Century (Rt 90) from Ness to Silver, the median lane will be closed for road work for the rest of the week.
- Also starting on Tuesday, WB Portage from Main to Notre Dame, the middle lane will be closed for road work, while from Queen to King Edward, the curb lane will be closed for hydro work.
- EB Portage, meanwhile, will see the curb lane closed between Riverbend and Garden starting Tuesday and lasting for the week.
- On Thursday, NB King Edward loses the curb lane from Dublin to Powell.
Ongoing barricade zones to be aware of:
- Archibald remains in single file from Mission to Chalmers, with no left turns allowed at Talbot, Levis or Chalmers.
- SB Arlington from Inkster to Machray is completely closed for re-paving until Thursday.
- SB Donald from Ellice to Portage, the east curb lane closed until Wednesday for street work.
- WB Grant from Harrow to Wilton, the curb lane remains closed for the week.
- NB Hargrave from Portage to Ellice, the right hand lane is closed for construction.
- Inkster is still single file between King Edward and Brookside with the median lanes closed until the end of November.
- Road reconstruction continues along Logan from Keewatin to Cecil, with one-way operation in effect on the EB side.
- EB Marion from St Mary’s to Tache, the right hand lane is closed until Tuesday.
- SB McMillan continues to lose the left hand lane heading towards Confusion Corner for at least the next month, if not longer.
- SB Pembina from Osborne to Carter, also continues to lose the left lane for that same project.
- NB Pembina from Markham to Southpark, the curb lane is closed for sewer work until early next week.
- SB Pembina from Thatcher to Southpark, that median lane remains closed for a couple of weeks.
- EB Sargent between Ferry and Berry, the curb lane is closed for water work for the next week and a half, with no left turns allowed onto NB Berry.
- Selkirk remains completely closed between Arlington and McGregor for roadway reconstruction until mid-November.